Xlibris' Submission Checklist
Below is a list of information and materials you'll be asked to provide during manuscript submission. Compiling the materials in advance will ensure a quick and efficient publishing process. Download a PDF version of the Submission Checklist: Full Colour or Black and White.
We need your manuscript as a single, word-processing document saved as a Microsoft Word (.doc) or Rich Text Format (.rtf) file. If you have a typewritten, hard copy manuscript, please take advantage of our Data Entry Service, which is available for $4.50 per page.
Submit in a separate file all the text that you would like to appear on the cover. It may include:
- A brief author biography (should not exceed 100 words)
- A book summary (should not exceed 100 words)
- Text for inside flaps (should not exceed 250 words)
Submit all photos or illustrations that will be placed in your book as a separate file. Each file should be in the TIFF (.tif) or JPEG (.jpg) file formats, in CMYK colour mode, with at least 300 dpi resolution, and in actual size for best reproduction. You may also submit printed/original images and photographs. Xlibris can scan images up to a size of 12" x 17".
You may submit the following images:
- Cover Design - to be placed on the front cover of your book. If you don't want to include an image for the cover, we will provide you with an all text cover design
- Author Photo - for use on the back cover of your book. This is optional
- Interior Images - to be included in the manuscript. These images should not be embedded (inserted) in your manuscript. Embedded images typically have low resolution and reproduce poorly. Name the file as it will appear in your manuscript's image placement tag
Start Publishing Your Book Today!
Call 0800-891-366 or +61 2 9423 5044 if you are calling from outside New Zealand (international call rates apply). You may also send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for your free consultation. Get Started today by requesting your Free Guide To Publishing Services